Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26, 2010




Hi again,
Yesterday was a long driving day but we made it to the Nelson's house in time for gyros for dinner. Yummy. Tonight it was the restaurant at the Aquarium in Denver (Robbie's choice). I think I am still pretty much on track though. Two dinners out this week alone (so far) and I have managed to do ok.

Thought I would show some of the scenery we passed as we drove from Las Vegas to Denver. The Rocky Mountains had some snow -- quite a lot as we neared the east side. The first picture is about the only thing we saw for hours -- the middle one is the snow covered mountain as we neared the highest point in the Rockies -- the picture on the right is how it looked as we were about to go into the eastbound tunnel (called the Johnson Tunnel -- however, most people call it the Eisenhower Tunnel because that is the name of the westbound tunnel.)
Hope to keep this up better from now on.........






2 comments:

  1. Here is a comment that I am posting right after I posted the one above. First, I didn't post it at 2:43 p.m. -- it is now 10:26 p.m. Don't know where they get the time! Maybe because I started it earlier today.

    Another thing is that the pictures are in a different order than they were on the page when I posted it but I guess it is pretty obvious that one with the traffic lights is the one at the beginning of a tunnel. Oh, well, someday I will figure out how to make things look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing more than I am on this blogsite, with the picture-posting & all. I didn't realize pictures even COULD be posted here til you started yours.

    Glad you're on course food wise. Keep up the good work & enjoy yourself! -- Becky

    ReplyDelete