Saturday, March 6, 2010

Friday Failings!


Sunset from the balcony on Thursday night!

Friday was a great day -- it was beautiful, I finished the newsletter I had been working on, we took a walk and we went to dinner at some friends' house. It was homemade pizza night at their house. Pete makes his own whole wheat pizza crust, his own cheese and makes a wonderful and healthy pizza every Friday. I limited myself to one piece along with a great salad. That was the good part. Then he brought out his homemade desserts: Flan and cinnamon rolls. He makes the cinnamon rolls using the leftover pizza dough so at least they had whole wheat in them. I ate a small piece of each of those ---- the cinnamon rolls were for the weekend but he wanted us to taste them last night.......how could I resist.

Now, I left out one part -- I baked 2 kinds of cookies yesterday also! Oatmeal (cereal and fiber, right?) and Persimmon-nut (fruit and nuts-right?). Of course, since I was taking some to the Pedersens, that is where we went for dinner, I had to make sure they were ok -- so I ate one of each -------- one from each cookie sheet. Yikes. That was really stupid.
I need to work hard this week to wipe out the damage I probably did!!

2 comments:

  1. The only failure would be in failing to get up again after a fall. Hang in there & take the next right step :o) *Becky*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good words -- a good reminder. I WILL get up and take the next step!

    ReplyDelete